Code of Conduct
Our Student Code of Conduct exists to ensure that each student and staff member has access to a welcoming, caring, respectful and safe learning environment that respects diversity and fosters a sense of belonging. The Code of Conduct ensures that our school promotes a culture of wellness that:
- Establishes and maintains a welcoming, caring, respectful, and safe learning environment for all students, staff, families and the greater community;
- Establishes and maintains an appropriate balance between individual and collective rights, freedoms, and responsibilities in the school community;
- Establishes and publishes expectations for student behavior while at school, at a school-related activity, or while engaging in an activity at any time that may have an impact on others in the school;
- Ensures that healthy environments exist in all schools that are free from fear, discrimination and harassment while promoting inclusive strategies to ensure that every student is treated with respect and dignity.
Parkland School Division is a place where exploration, creativity and imagination make learning exciting and where all learners aspire to reach their dreams.
With these goals in mind, everyone must:
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity
- Respect differences in people, their ideas and their opinions
- Acknowledge the right of everyone to be treated with dignity, at all times
- Take appropriate measures to help those in need
- Use non-violent means to resolve conflict
- Honor the role(s) of persons in positions of authority
- Show care and regard for school property and the property of others
- Comply with all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws
In keeping with a commitment to the Alberta Human Rights Act and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, in Parkland School Division everyone is accepted and experiences a sense of belonging. The Division supports the endeavors of staff, students, parents and the community to promote positive student behavior and conduct throughout our community of schools.
Parkland School Division has a responsibility to ensure that each student enrolled in a school operated by the Board and each staff member employed by the Board is provided with a welcoming, caring, respectful and safe learning environment that respects diversity and fosters a sense of belonging.
All stakeholders in the success and well-being of students, and especially the students themselves, are expected to recognize their responsibilities in developing student self-discipline within a culture of wellness. Staff members and students will not be discriminated against as provided for in the Alberta Human Rights Act or the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
In Parkland School Division, we are all models for the kinds of citizens we desire to be. We teach and learn by example.
In Parkland School Division, all members of our school community are expected to promote and demonstrate respect, civility and responsible citizenship.
We are all models for the kinds of citizens we desire to be. We teach and learn by example.